Published in Midwest Flyer – August/September 2017 issue
* General Aviation has a $12.2 billion impact on the State of Minnesota through its network of 135 public airports.
* General Aviation has created 164,900 jobs in Minnesota, and provides more than $6.5 billion in labor income annually.
* General Aviation contributes more than $150 billion to the U.S. economy annually and employs more than 1,265,000 people, nationally.
* In the U.S., General Aviation aircraft fly almost 24 million hours and carry 166 million passengers annually.
* There are nearly 4,000 paved General Aviation airports open to the public in the U.S., while scheduled airlines serve about 500 airports nationwide.
* Over two-thirds of all the hours flown by General Aviation aircraft are for business purposes, and General Aviation is the primary training ground for most commercial airline and military pilots.
Note: There are 6,306 registered aircraft in the state of Minnesota (2016 data).