July 21-25 lineup includes top aviators, dozens of forums, ‘best of’ moments
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (July 7, 2020) — Highlights from across the world of flight will entertain and educate aviation enthusiasts on July 21-25 as part of the extensive schedule for EAA’s Spirit of Aviation Week. That initial schedule was unveiled today as part of the free online experience hosted by the Experimental Aircraft Association.
With already more than 170 scheduled events, the five-day online aviation fest includes streamed and on-demand content, encompassing nearly every facet of aviation, with a focus on educational, informational, and entertaining moments. EAA’s special interest groups will also be heavily involved, bringing highlights that include homebuilts, warbirds, vintage, aerobatics, ultralights, and much more at EAATogether.org.
“The support and participation from across the entire aviation community, including NASA and the U.S. Air Force, has allowed us to create a schedule that truly reaches across the entirety of flying highlights,” said Jack Pelton, EAA CEO and Chairman of the Board. “The content throughout the week is more than something to watch – it is a week where everyone can truly be engaged as an active participant.”
Among the features scheduled throughout the week are:
- Discussions and content covering homebuilts, vintage aircraft, warbirds, ultralights, chapters, learning to fly, hangar flying, air shows, military aviation, spaceflight, and more
- Forums across multiple channels ranging from how-to content and learning to fly to aviation history and technical insights
- Multiple live workshops each day on aircraft building and restoration skills
- Pilot proficiency content for FAA WINGS credit
- Interviews with aviation personalities, plus favorite EAA archive material – some of which has never been seen publicly
“While nothing can replace the in-person Oshkosh experience, Spirit of Aviation Week brings multiple channels of highlights throughout each of the five days,” Pelton said. “In that way, it is like being on the AirVenture grounds, where every turn brings a new possibility to discover and engage in everything about aviation. Wherever you are during Spirit of Aviation Week, this experience reminds us that we are indeed #EAATogether.”
More activities will be added in the coming days, so check back for additional highlights to come.