General Aviation is defined as all flights other than military and scheduled airlines.
• General Aviation contributes more than $150 billion to the U.S. economy annually and employs more than 1,265,000 people.
• General Aviation has a $12.2 billion impact on the state of Minnesota through its network of 135 public airports.
• General Aviation has created 164,900 jobs in Minnesota, and provides more than $6.5 billion in labor income annually.
• In the U.S., General Aviation aircraft fly almost 24 million hours and carry 166 million passengers annually.
• There are nearly 4,000 paved General Aviation airports open to the public in the U.S. By contrast, scheduled airlines serve fewer than 500 airports.
• Over two-thirds of all the hours flown by General Aviation aircraft are for business purposes and General Aviation is the primary training ground for most commercial airline pilots.